AALU - HAPPY NEW YEAR | JANUARY 2024 - MEET THE CANDIDATES
1. Please state your reason for becoming a candidate.
2. Where do you believe that you can best contribute to the Lincoln University BOT during the 2024-2028 term?
3. Have you ever served on or currently serving on a Board of Trustees? If so, state organization and term.
4. What is your specific area of expertise? Check all that apply.
Read what each candidate has to say...
2024 ALUMNI TRUSTEE CANDIDATES FORUM
CANDIDATE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Check out the video from the 2024 Alumni Trustee Candidates Forum! Give it a like, share, and comment on who you believe would be the best representation for Alumni Trustee. Electronic ballot voting starts Saturday, February 24, 2024, at 12 Noon.
serve as members of the AALU Council and as Lincoln University Trustees
in accordance with the University Bylaws.
serve as liaisons between the AALU-PA and the University’s Board of Trustees.
attend Board of Trustees Meetings and AALU Council and Member Meetings.
serve on at least one Committee of the AALU-PA.
4. provide a written report to the Board on the activities of the AALU. 5. provide a written report to the Council and AALU Membership on the activities of the University Board of Trustees, within thirty (30) days of the Board Meeting. 6. communicate regularly with the President of the Alumni Association and the local Chapters in which they hold membership.
ALUMNI TRUSTEES ELECTION TIMELINE
Tuesday, October 24, 2023Send a response to all members who applied
Saturday, October 28, 2023Presentation of Candidates for Trustee Slate and Election timeline
Nominations from the floor are pending validation and vetting
Wednesday, January 31, 2024All AALUPA members desiring to vote in this election MUST be financial with the National AALUPA as of 1/31/2024, NO EXCEPTIONS
Wednesday, February 6 ,2024Elections Committee receives Voter List from AALU Treasurer and Executive Secretary
Saturday, February 10, 2024Hybrid Candidates Forum on campus - Student Union Building, Multipurpose Room Upper Level at 1 PM Voting will take place electronically (Email and/or Text Message.) Only members without an email account or cell phone will receive a mail-in ballot. You will receive an electronic correspondence to verify your information before the election. Only financial members will receive the ballot via Email, Text or U.S. Mail.
Friday, February 23, 2024Paper ballot mailed
Saturday, February 24, 2024Voting begins via Electronic Ballots at 12 Noon
Monday, March 11, 2024Postmark Deadline for Mail-in Ballots
Friday, March 15, 2024Last day to pick up paper ballots from Post Office
Saturday, March 16, 2024Voting ends via Electronic Ballots at 12 Noon
Saturday, March 16, 2024Tally ballots for Trustee begins at 12:30 PM
Saturday, March 16, 2024 Announce Nominee for Trustee via Zoom at 6 PM
Friday, March 22, 2024 Letter to the AALU President and Executive Secretary to announce the Nominee's name to be submitted to the Board of Trustees